Friday, January 27, 2012

The "Style" of this stay at home mom

Woah! My second post! Crazy!  Think I am going to like this.  Of course, right now I am sitting in complete silence at 7:15 a.m. That NEVER happens! So I am taking advantage. 
I showed my 4 year old my new blog yesterday, and he looked at me odd..."mama, why do you look like  that?" and pointed at my picture I posted.  Now, it is an older photo, but I haven't changed that much. I asked what he meant and he said my hair was pretty and full.
I thought about this later and realized, if I am not going out to dinner or something (which is SO rare) then my hair is always, ALWAYS, in a ponytail. I also started to evaulate my attire.  Old Navy tanks, and Victoria Secret Boyfriend sweats stained with paint (these are the best sweats by the way).
So, is it time for an overhaul?  Is it so difficult to present myself a little better on a daily basis? I think not. 

My solution: get up before the kiddies, workout, and shower.  Then I am ready for the day!  I always feel so much better if I do this. Otherwise time gets away from me and I barely get a shower, let alone do my hair.
So why is this so difficult?  I get up fairly early anyway- 6:30- what if I made it 5:45? Does anyone who stays home actually do this?  Please, share your secrets with me. I don't want my children to remember me this way and wonder "who is in that picture?". I've got 3 boys!  I need to be the hot mom that embarrasses them...

Tonya

1 comment:

  1. My quiet time is at night, after the kids go to bed and before Eric gets home from work there is an hour gap...ohhh sweet bliss :)

    ReplyDelete