Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wow!  Sorry for the long delay, but I am back from Chicago, and (somewhat) able to function.  As I sit and type, the twins scream back and forth hitting each other with toys and my 4 year old continues to race cars across the kitchen counter yelling "watch me, watch the race, mom, watch, mom, we are waiting for you to watch, mom..." and on and on.

It was a nice break though!  We had so much fun.  We relaxed, we ate, we drank, we relaxed some more, we shopped, we laughed until we almost peed our pants.  Ok, well there may have been a little of that too, but I digress.
We shopped Michigan Ave for just a bit, and I was totally inspired by one store there- It's called All Saints and if you haven't seen this place, it is awesome.  Vintage, industrial, gor-GEOUS. The clothes are super pricey, but great to touch and feel, however the actual store itself is the draw.  When you walk up the entire front of the building is old singer sewing machines (and probably other brands, didnt look closely because I was in awe). When you enter, they literally are shelved up to the ceiling on wood, with this great white washed brick everywhere.



Inside, you find all types of industrial equipment, raw wood, crating, printing presses etc that are used as the display, and even jewelry made from nuts and bolts (trust me, lots of inspiration and lots of ideas going through my noggin!).  Even just photographing the way the clothes were laid out made for a beautiful shot.


So anyway, just awesome if you are going that way and want to see the amazing thought (and $$) that went into this place.

Then, we visited Lush.  Which I now do not have close access to; the only 2 Lush stores in Michigan are on the East side of the state. Anyway, this was in the Old Town district, around some other cute boutiques etc. This happens to be one of my cousins favorite stores and one of her music students works there now, so we surprised her. I am not sure how long we were there, but these girls were so fun, we tried just about everything they have!  Loved it. Bought me some goodies even! (Considered quite a splurge for me).



All natural stuff- and it smells and feels heavenly.  If you have never been, and live near or have access to one of these stores, you should try it! www.lushusa.com
We then proceeded to go get massages, which we were all extremely happy with.  Of course every time I get one (not often!) I think how great it would be if that could be a monthly thing.  I think it is so good for the body and mind.  Really, I am sure I could do without some other things to equal one a month??  Time to look at the budget.


Now, I'm back.  I'm detoxing, totaling up the money spent (oy!) but don't even care.  It was well worth it.
Ever come back from a weekend away though, and instead of being relaxed, you are even more uptight with life in general?  The reality of it? Well, I'm going to save that for tomorrow's post.  Maybe my perspective will improve more with another day.... ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment